Wednesday, July 25, 2007

International Project

International Project was a good chance to explore my neighborhood.

By using two ways of transportation, I was able to see the two different views.
  1. Train- from Asakusa sta. to my house- : a train gives me faster trip. That gives me a chance to think of how close areas are connected. I could see the gradually changing views easily. To feel that is just like to listen to a music. The gradual change in my view is alike the gradual change in melody. If you just take a look at the score, you may not feel the music. But if someone plays the piano for you, you will feel the music better. If I just took a look at a map, I would not feel the place. But a train allows me to feel the place.
  2. On Foot- from my house to Asakusa- : To take a long walk provides me a long quiet time. That enables me to take a close look at people living there or working there. There are many kinds of people: an old man sitting at a bus stop, a young woman working at a restaurant, a middle-aged man leading cars at a parking area, a little kid playing in the kindergarten, high-school boy working at a convenience store, mothers chatting at a coffee shop, an old woman hanging out the washing on the line to dry,....so many people! I could see where I live actually on the day.

No comments: